Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Golden Pumpkins


Red and I spent a quick few minutes crafting the other day with our Thanksgiving table in mind. I have a bunch of mini pumpkins all over our house, remnants from Halloween last month, so I decided to jazz them up a little bit for Thanksgiving. This was a very simple project that took only a few minutes of my time and used what I had in the house.


I had some Valspar spray paint in Gold in the garage, so we ventured out into the backyard with our pumpkins and got to work. I was a bit concerned that I would need to prime the pumpkins first so that the orange color from some of them would not bleed through, but it wasn't needed. One thing I would do differently is to start by spraying the bottom first. I sprayed the top first and I had a couple of places stick to the newspaper even after letting them dry for a bit. On the bottom the smudges wouldn't be noticeable.


Once I sprayed the top, we went upstairs and had a little almond butter and apple snack. It was a hit with Red.


We let them dry for about thirty minutes, flipped them over and repeated the spraying process. Quick, even strokes make for a smooth finish. We let them dry for another thirty minutes and they were done.


Easy peasy! Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to use them in my Thanksgiving tablescape.

0 comments:

Post a Comment